Saturday, August 30, 2014

How I'm Wearing my New Lace Vest


So first off, I never wear gold but I have a few sentimental pieces and I sacrifice my color wheel occasionally to feel near those that gave them to me. I thought they went very well with the delicate feel of the vest.

On my face I have pretty natural make-up + my signature smokey eye. :) Since it's been so humid the past several weeks (and I've just been super lazy) I've been letting my hair air-dry almost every day. Here I scrunched it a little as it was drying and then raked it into a lower ponytail with my fingers. The bangs were slipping so I pulled them loose and tucked them behind my ears.


































Now for the fun part! I was at Burke's Outlet the other day looking for jeans (which I still haven't found to suit) and this lace vest caught my eye. It was an impulse buy and I was really afraid I would never, ever wear it but ta-da! Not bad for 12 bucks. :)

I put it over my black, Wal-mart maxi which has proved fantastically versatile and added the brown belt and sandals to tie in the boho feel of the vest. I loved the result! It's been my favorite outfit in weeks and I can't wait to figure out more ways to wear this vest!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh la la, love it! And I looove your hair in the first picture especially. I saw this come up on Bloglovin and did a double-take when I realized it was you. I don't think your hair looks nearly as bad as I was given the impression of. ;) You can tell it's not all natural, but it still looks preety. :) And is that your new room already painted??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do really like the way it's growing out but I hate the highlights. I wanted an ombre without the 'I bleached my hair and then let it grow out' line so I asked for a subtle ombre...so she just did highlights. (And still gave me distinct root marks!!! UGH! I hate it.) But whatever, I tried something new. :) And yes! Sneak peek on the move/room makeover!

      Delete