Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Take One: Chalk Photography

Today for art class with the 4th and 5th graders we did chalk photography. There is a small deck above our parking lot  but it would be more convenient to have a ladder that I could move around. However, for our first try I am very proud of the results. Here are some of our best along with my reflections.


She makes me think of Peter Pan in this photo!
We learned that the more of your body you can get off the ground the better it will look.



Reeeeeeeeeeach!!!
Some of the kids just got it and didn't even need me to direct them; she is totally sold on that star.




Floating away...
The parking lines got in our way but we worked with what we had. :)




Moonshine and sweet dreams :)
I used the bottom of my shoe to swipe the moonshine into creation and I love it. 
 



Yawn!
 I thought this pose very whimsical. ;) Next time I might try drawing both wings for a straight-on shot.




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, the one with the boy laying on the moon is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is precious! I know teachers aren't supposed to have favorites...but I think we all secretly do...he's one of mine.

    ReplyDelete